Query Planet - AI for EO at Scale
Join our webinars dedicated to Query Planet, an ESA-funded and PhiLab-supported project that aims to facilitate the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms to build large-scale Earth Observation applications exploiting Sentinel-2 and commercial data sources. The goal of the project is to create and open-source AI solutions that tackle state-of-the-art and compelling EO challenges. These use-cases build on the Sentinel Hub service and the open-source eo-learn library.
In the first webinar on March 24th 2022 at 14:00 CET (13:00 UTC), we will provide you with an overview of the use-cases developed, namely super-resolution technology for optical sensors, forest and tree species mapping of Europe, and efficient object detection at scale. For each use-case we will outline technical details and the created open-sourced material, e.g. data, code, models, which will be described more in detail in the second hands-on webinar. Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning will help the understanding of the algorithms, although this is not a prerequisite.
- Project motivation and aim
- Super-resolution of Sentinel-2 time-series imagery
- Pan-European forest and tree species mapping using Sentinel-2 imagery
- Efficient object detection using multi-scale satellite imagery
- Open-sourcing the use-cases
- Nicolas Longepe, ESA
- Julien Cornebise, Why-How
- Benjamin Bischke, Vision Impulse
- Devis Peressutti, Sinergise
Building an Application
The second webinar on April 7th 2022 at 14:00 CEST (12:00 UTC) will be a hands-on tutorial on how to set-up and execute the use-cases developed within the project. For each use-case, description of the required data and code will be provided, as well as demonstration of how to run the code. The use-cases are developed with the open-source eo-learn library and will be available on the eo-learn-examples GitHub repository. Knowledge of Python, machine learning and deep learning will help the understanding of the code, although this is not a prerequisite.
- Hands-on: Super-resolution of Sentinel-2 time-series imagery
- Hands-on: Pan-European forest and tree species mapping using Sentinel-2 imagery
- Hands-on: Efficient object detection using multi-scale satellite imagery